These are the steps to file a submission:
- Identify the environmental law that is presumably not being effectively enforced by the United States or Peru.
- Verify that the competent authorities have been previously informed and gather the evidence that demonstrates it.
- Complete the submission (access the online form HERE or download it).
- Clearly identify who is the submitter (s): full name, nationality, identity document and postal address. The application must be submitted by one person (or several) or organization of Peru or the United States.
- Clearly describe the facts and reasons why one of the Parties is considered not to be effectively enforcing its environmental law.
- Indicate whether the matter has been communicated to the authorities of the Party and the response received.
- Gather and attach the evidence that supports the request: letters, reports, videos, photographs, among others.
Online or via email Completing the online form or sending it to: email@example.com
Hardcopy Submissions: At the following address:
Secretariat for Submissions on Environmental Enforcement Matters
Attention: Martha Aldana, Executive Director
Organization of American States
1889 F Street, Suite 717
Washington D.C., 20006